March 20, 2010

The Red Tent

Happy Saturday everyone!!

Today I finished a book that I bought over two months ago and was sitting on my shelf until earlier this week. Something that is almost unheard of for me!

Today I finished The Red Tent, and I wish I had read it the second I bought it two months ago.

I was first turned onto this book by my Auntie Cara who is a midwife. With the main character being a midwife by trade, she had read it and loved it. My second recommendation came from my friend Achieng who loves to read as much as I do, and she was inspired by the religious undertones.

I don't want to give away too much about the story since it is what drives the characters forward and inspires the reader, but what I will say is the struggles the main character faces will inspire you and make you feel like you can do anything and survive anything.

Please pick up this book today and give it a read, it has my seal of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment