March 1, 2010

Oprah's Book Club

I'm not sure about you guys, but Im officially OVER Oprah's Book Club selections!!

I've been loosely following Oprah's selections since she started the club in 1996, and have had lots of hits of misses. And while at my previously mentioned trip to Value Village on a book pilgrimage, I picked up She's Come Undone. I don't dislike the book exactly, but I am not enjoying it. But I refuse to stop reading it on principle alone!!!

Has this ever happened to you guys? I've only ever stopped reading one book ever (For Whom the Bell Tolls) and it still irks me to this day, but I just can't do it!

Anyway, I refuse to stop reading, so as I trudge through the last half of the book, I'll let you know some of Oprah's selections that I've been impressed with in the past so you don't have to be condemned to the same fate as me. Here we are, in no particular order:

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
A Million Little Pieces by James Frey
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kinsolver
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

1 comment:

  1. Really? You're not liking She's Come Undone? Wally Lamb is one of my favourite authors, I Know This Much is True is one of his better ones! I just picked up his new one - The Hour I first Believed

    ReplyDelete